The Six Top Growth Industries in Ireland today
The top growth industries include IT Services/Computer Software/Hardware, Accounting and Auditing, Innovation and Intellectual Property Related Enterprises, Green Sector Jobs, Business Services and Medical/Health
Recession-Proof: Fast growing demand for career coaching
Paula King of Executive Coaching Solutions talks to Debbie O'Halloran about the increasing demand for good quality career coaching in today's economic climate.
Skills shortages in many sectors including computers and biotechnology
In the next few years graduates may find it more difficult than it has been in recent years to get started in lucrative careers.
Widening skills gap in IT, Science & Healthcare sectors
The trend-driven Generation Y is seeking a career to fit its 'image'. As a result, the less-popular areas such as IT and Science are suffering.
Chartered Accountancy: An exciting career path that will take you anywhere in the world
Chartered Accountants Ireland's Student Services Manager, Diarmuid Breathnach, describes the Top Five reasons why students should elect to become Chartered Accountants.
Accounting Technician - A career you can count on
Accounting technicians enjoy excellent career prospects and there is always a strong demand for their skills in the marketplace.
Recession-proof Job – Even in an economic downturn, demand for accountants remains strong
Accountancy spans many different roles and for people starting out on this career path the initial challenge is to decide on which qualification to pursue.
Get in the game: Careers in the gaming industry
This growing and exciting industry needs graduates. Colleges are now getting in on the act and offering courses specifically tailored for the games market.
Digital Media rapidly emerging as Ireland’s next economic success story
The Digital Hub will employ more than 3,000 digital media workers by 2012. Debbie O’Halloran talks exclusively to Philip Flynn, CEO of the Digital Hub Development Agency.
Digital Hub prepared for next year’s challenges
Digital Hub companies are weathering the economic downturn well.
Engineer a fantastic future for yourself
What qualification is able to guarantee challenges, future job opportunities and the chance to travel all over the world while shaping its future?
Engineering jobs to increase by a third
Ventures into the green economy, IT and medical devices will be fundamental in steering recession hit Ireland back home
Just because a course doesnt have a high number of CAO points doesnt necessarily mean there are no jobs to be had at the end of it.
Engineering a good career
A qualification in the area of technology is a passport to a wealth of career options for today’s Leaving Cert students.
Emerging Industry: Have you got the energy for success?
A Guide to Careers in Energy
Graduates Needed for Energy Sector
The operator of the national grid has urged students to choose engineering as a career
€40m investment from BioSpark to create 180 green jobs
Green Energy The investment comes as welcome news for the West, with the potential of growing 300 jobs within three years in Ireland's burgeoning green industry.
Green economy provides opportunity to create quality jobs
The High Level Action Group on Green Enterprise will comprise leading lights in the green-energy area
Perception gap fuels skills shortage
Ireland's IT sector has many well-paid job opportunities for skilled graduates - so why are they going unfilled?
Number of computer graduates alarmingly low
Empty places now exist on virtually all full-time college computing courses.
IT sector struggling to fill 5,000 vacancies
IRELAND'S technology sector is struggling to fill thousands of vacancies and has been resorting to hiring workers from abroad
Technology: It’s Where the Jobs Are
There is no better time to be getting into IT as job markets continue to grow in Ireland and globally.
Audio: With the downturn in conveyancing, what are the growth areas in the legal sector?
Listen to Lex Consultancy Director Michelle Nolan's Podcast here.
An Overview of the Legal Industry in Ireland
The legal industry in Ireland is undergoing major changes at present, as the demand for different skill-sets follows current market trends, writes Michelle Nolan.
Solicitors are the latest profession to feel the pinch from the property crash
The sharp drop-off in activity in the market has left lawyers with little conveyancing work.
Audio: The Outlook for the Legal Sector
Brendan Murphy of Osborne Recruitment gives his predictions for the legal profession
Medical recruitment: In good health
The medical recruitment industry is not reporting the same dismal problems seen in some sections of the recruitment industry
The Medical Devices Sector in Ireland
Ireland is one of the leading global medical devices centres, with a strong reputation for excellence in manufacturing and research driven activities.
Audio: Thinking of a Career Change into Pharma?
In these times of economic uncertainty, more and more people are turning to recession-proof careers. Patrick O'Loughlin of Pharma Careers Ireland talks exclusively to Debbie O'Halloran of Findajob.ie about how to break into the pharma/life sciences sector.
Pharmaceuticals: One Industry, Many Careers
The growth in the pharmaceutical sector here has seen companies expand their operations and activities to provide a growing number of career paths
Audio: An overview of the Sales Sector in Ireland
John Bloomer, Director of SOS School of Sales, discusses the job market in the sales sector.
Sales positions are recession-proof with companies taking on extra sales people
With the downturn in the economy, many companies are taking on additional sales people to compensate for reduced levels of incoming business.
Starting a career in Medical Sales
Medical Sales as a profession is an attractive proposition to many people. It is also a difficult career to break into and very competitive once you are working in it.
How can I move into sales?
Sales jobs are plentiful at the moment, but moving into sales is not an easy option.
- Train the Trainer: Reduced Rates for Jobseekers New Approach
- Personal Development: Courses to Beat the Recession. Only €80 Prime Learning
- Beauty Therapist Course The LA Make-Up Academy
- New Masters Degree in Security and Digital Forensics Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown
- Diploma in Internet Marketing Dublin Business School
- Become a Professional Make up Artist LA Make-Up Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Dog Grooming Dublin School of Grooming
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Project Management) Dublin Business School
- MSc in Information & Library Management Dublin Business School
- Elevation Programme Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Advanced Accredited Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching Executing Coaching Solutions - €750 off your fees if you register in August
- Train the Trainer: ½ Price if you register in August Executive Coaching Solutions
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Executive Coaching Solutions
- Special Needs Assistant Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Security Training Executive Coaching Solutions
- BA (Ordinary) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- Have you a business idea you’d like to… Startup Education and Enterprise Development, Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MSc in Applied Digital Media (HETAC) Griffith College Dublin
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture Griffith College Dublin
- New Bachelor of Science in Energy University of Limerick
- Tripartite MSc in International Business (Dublin, Berlin, Paris) Griffith College Dublin
- New Postgraduate Programmes in Computer Science University College Cork
- Hairdressing Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MA & BA (Hons) in Journalism Independent College Dublin
- Fast-track into Technology for Unemployed Adults Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Law Degrees Griffith College Law School
- Higher Certificate in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA in Applied Management (Non-profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- Law Griffith College Dublin
- Certificate in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- MA in Journalism & Media Communications Griffith College Dublin
- One Day Workshop on CV Prep & Interview… Eden Training
- Animation Colaiste Dhulaigh
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture (HETAC) FINAL YEAR… Griffith College Dublin
- New Degree in Energy Systems Engineering National University of Ireland, Galway
- Degree in Retail Management Dublin Business School
- Three new postgraduate programmes UCD School of Politics and International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports and Exercise Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Accountancy Independent College Dublin
- BSc in Renewable Energy and Energy Management Institute of Technology, Tralee