FETAC Award (Level 5 and Level 6 – DHXXX), Junior Trades Hairdressing Certificate
This Course aims to prepare students for employment in the Hairdressing Industry. Students will be given training and confidence to secure an Apprenticeship in a Hairdressing Salon.
Emphasis is put on all key areas of Hairdressing which will enhance students’ techniques, creative and inter-personal skills. All practical training takes place in our fully equipped Hair Salon.
Hairdressing Science, Customer Service, Design,Communications, Reception Skills, Work Experience, Introduction to Skin Care and Make-up
Hairdressing Theory & Practice, Indian Head Massage, Health and Safety, Junior Trade Hairdressing Certificate
FETAC Level 5
FETAC Level 6
Junior Trades Hairdressing Certificate
Leaving Certificate (including LCA) and interview.
Junior Stylists, Theatrical and/or Film, Hairdressing work, Hairdressing Retail outlets.
- Placement as a Senior 1st Year Apprentice in a Hairdressing Salon
- Further study for Junior/Senior Trade Certificates
- Students may also progress to Further Studies at FETAC level 6 in Reception Studies.
- Employment as a Junior Stylist
- Hairdressing Representative for Hairdressing Company
- Receptionist (in Salon or Supply Company)
- To Further Studies for Senior Trade Certificate