BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC, Level 8)
The Open Training College
In order to view videos and podcasts, you need to download the latest
Adobe Flash Player.
The Honours Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Disability) is accredited by HETAC and placed at level 8 on the National Framework of Qualifications.
It is a five-module programme of study, supported by 5 non-mandatory workshops/seminars, each consisting of one day duration.
The course has been designed to facilitate learners to become highly skilled leaders and managers contributing to future development of quality rights-based services for people with disabilities.
Over the course of the year, students will:
- develop research skills with a view to improving quality of service delivered
- develop the students understanding of social policy as it relates to disability
- will be equipped with the skills to become a visionary leader, promoting quality driven services
- develop skills for effective people management
- and have an understanding of the social inclusion agenda
Click here for further information on this course.