Open Training College
Who we are
The Open Training College is a part of St. Michael’s House, Dublin. We are a not-for-profit organisation, funded through student fees, project work and consultancy.
What we do
We provide education and learning opportunities for people working in the disability, voluntary and not-for-profit sectors all around Ireland, covering:
- Applied Management
- Applied Social Studies
- Supported Employment
We also provide a range of shorter, Continuous Professional Development (CPD) modules.
How we do it
Our approach allows those working full time to remain in their job while enjoying the benefits of supported study. We do this using the Supported Open Learning Model and the Three-Way Collaborative Approach.
The Supported Open Learning Model combines learning materials and methods to make it easier for students to study in their own time. The Partnership Approach is the agreement between students, agencies and employers that ensures students get all the support they need while studying.
All our staff are professionals who have prior experience in administration, education and/or disability. They bring together the appropriate knowledge and skills with the right attitude to facilitate learning and to advise and assist our students. Together with our guiding principles, this creates a learning environment where students feel valued and respected.
Our students are colleagues, committed to the common cause of enhancing the lives of people requiring and availing of human services provision in Ireland. The College values the experience they bring to their studies and encourages the application of learning by including it in our assessment methods.
Our courses are designed specifically for adult learning. They stimulate a range of learning styles and experiences by building on existing skills and knowledge. Each module is built on clearly articulated learning outcomes, which inform our assessment procedures. This provides a transparent and uniform assessment process.
Qualifications and Accreditation
Our course qualifications are accredited by:
- The Higher Education and Training Awards Council (HETAC) in Ireland
- Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC), in Ireland
The College’s courses and other activities are evaluated using Quality Assurance policies and procedures that are informed by a wide variety of stakeholders, including the staff team and students, and the accrediting bodies.
- Train the Trainer: Reduced Rates for Jobseekers New Approach
- Personal Development: Courses to Beat the Recession. Only €80 Prime Learning
- Beauty Therapist Course The LA Make-Up Academy
- New Masters Degree in Security and Digital Forensics Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown
- Diploma in Internet Marketing Dublin Business School
- Become a Professional Make up Artist LA Make-Up Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Dog Grooming Dublin School of Grooming
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Project Management) Dublin Business School
- MSc in Information & Library Management Dublin Business School
- Elevation Programme Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Advanced Accredited Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching Executing Coaching Solutions - €750 off your fees if you register in August
- Train the Trainer: ½ Price if you register in August Executive Coaching Solutions
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Executive Coaching Solutions
- Special Needs Assistant Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Security Training Executive Coaching Solutions
- BA (Ordinary) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- Have you a business idea you’d like to… Startup Education and Enterprise Development, Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MSc in Applied Digital Media (HETAC) Griffith College Dublin
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture Griffith College Dublin
- New Bachelor of Science in Energy University of Limerick
- Tripartite MSc in International Business (Dublin, Berlin, Paris) Griffith College Dublin
- New Postgraduate Programmes in Computer Science University College Cork
- Hairdressing Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MA & BA (Hons) in Journalism Independent College Dublin
- Fast-track into Technology for Unemployed Adults Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Law Degrees Griffith College Law School
- Higher Certificate in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA in Applied Management (Non-profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- Law Griffith College Dublin
- Certificate in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- MA in Journalism & Media Communications Griffith College Dublin
- One Day Workshop on CV Prep & Interview… Eden Training
- Animation Colaiste Dhulaigh
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture (HETAC) FINAL YEAR… Griffith College Dublin
- New Degree in Energy Systems Engineering National University of Ireland, Galway
- Degree in Retail Management Dublin Business School
- Three new postgraduate programmes UCD School of Politics and International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports and Exercise Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Accountancy Independent College Dublin
- BSc in Renewable Energy and Energy Management Institute of Technology, Tralee