Health & Safety / Security
SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK
- This Safety and Health at work programme is FETAC Level 5.
- The programme runs for 3 days and is modular.
- This course is a statement of the standards to be achieved to gain an NCVA credit in Safety & Health at Work at Level 2.
This course is designed to provide the learner with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in the working environment.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Safety Representatives in the workplace
- Managers and Supervisors
- HR and/or Facilities executives with a responsibility for Safety and Health in the workplace
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the concepts of safety and health
- Recognise the factors that influence health, safety and welfare
- Apply the principles and procedures of health and safety to the workplace
- Understand the importance of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Promote safe working practices and procedures
- Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare
- Be familiar with the Health and Welfare at Work ACT 2005.
- Know the role of the Health and Safety Authority, communication and training in the promotion and provision of health and safety in the workplace
- Identify the elements and functions of the safety statement
- Identify risk factors in relation to safety and the factors which contribute to safe and healthy working environment
- Carry out a hazard identification and risk assessment in the workplace
- Outline the principles and procedures of good housekeeping
- Total cost €980 – call us today to check if you are qualifying for funding
- Fee includes all training, assessment and resources required for the programme.
The Security Division of ECSL offers professional accredited training required to obtain a PSA license. This training is addressed to individuals or groups working in the Licensed Trade, Off License Trade, Hoteliers, Nightclub Owners/Managers, Security Event Managers, Retail Outlets and any organization where a professional, effective security strategy is imperative.
Executive Coaching Solutions Limited offer high quality, skills based and client focused security training courses ranging from site specific through to comprehensive training and services within specialised security areas.
The ECSL instructors are the finest in the training industry. You can count on instructors who are experts in the subjects they teach with a real understanding of the needs of the security industry in Ireland today.
ECSL welcome the Private Security Services Act, 2004 as they view Regulation of the industry as important, not just in the context of promoting consumer confidence in a growing industry but also to combat low standards and unacceptable behaviour that has become an unfortunate feature of some aspects of the industry, and which the industry as a whole roundly condemns.
- Basic Guarding Skills FETAC Level 4
- Door Security Procedures FETAC Level 4
- Security Industry Awareness FETAC Level 5
- Conflict Resolution FETAC Level 6
- Train the Trainer for Security FETAC Level 6
Training Programme Aim:
To provide the training necessary to ensure a professional service to the public at all times based on the requirements for licensing of individuals within the guarding services.
Training Programme Objectives:
On completion of the training participant will have a knowledge of the following areas:
- Legislation: Comprehensive introduction to all relevant legislation.
- Standards: To satisfy the security industry training requirements of Irish standard IS999 2004.
- Courtroom experience including expert witness.
- Communication: Participants will be introduced to the psychology of communication.
- Report writing including introduction to Professional Incidence. Report logging
- Principles of Loss Prevention
- Fire Prevention / Health & Safety / First AID
- Work place familiarisation
- Emergency equipment
- Use of Security Equipment
- Emergency Procedures
- Personal Development
- Practical Skills Demonstrations - Searching an individual
- Use of 2-way radio/ Telephone
- Use of Fire extinguisher
- Team Work
- Action on finding an injured person
- Use of a note book/ Report writing
- Written Examination
- 40 questions True/False
FETAC Level 4 is based on 1-3 day course (depending on participant’s experience) which involves classroom training, practical skills and workplace familiarization.
Participants who have three years experience may complete this course in one day.
- Train the Trainer: Reduced Rates for Jobseekers New Approach
- Personal Development: Courses to Beat the Recession. Only €80 Prime Learning
- Beauty Therapist Course The LA Make-Up Academy
- New Masters Degree in Security and Digital Forensics Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown
- Diploma in Internet Marketing Dublin Business School
- Become a Professional Make up Artist LA Make-Up Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Dog Grooming Dublin School of Grooming
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Project Management) Dublin Business School
- MSc in Information & Library Management Dublin Business School
- Elevation Programme Chartered Accountants Ireland
- Advanced Accredited Diploma in Personal and Executive Coaching Executing Coaching Solutions - €750 off your fees if you register in August
- Train the Trainer: ½ Price if you register in August Executive Coaching Solutions
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Executive Coaching Solutions
- Special Needs Assistant Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Security Training Executive Coaching Solutions
- BA (Ordinary) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- Have you a business idea you’d like to… Startup Education and Enterprise Development, Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MSc in Applied Digital Media (HETAC) Griffith College Dublin
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture Griffith College Dublin
- New Bachelor of Science in Energy University of Limerick
- Tripartite MSc in International Business (Dublin, Berlin, Paris) Griffith College Dublin
- New Postgraduate Programmes in Computer Science University College Cork
- Hairdressing Colaiste Dhulaigh
- MA & BA (Hons) in Journalism Independent College Dublin
- Fast-track into Technology for Unemployed Adults Colaiste Dhulaigh
- Law Degrees Griffith College Law School
- Higher Certificate in Applied Management (Nonprofit/Human Services) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA (Honours) in Applied Social Studies (Disability) (HETAC,… The Open Training College
- BA in Applied Management (Non-profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- Law Griffith College Dublin
- Certificate in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services) (HETAC, Level… The Open Training College
- MA in Journalism & Media Communications Griffith College Dublin
- One Day Workshop on CV Prep & Interview… Eden Training
- Animation Colaiste Dhulaigh
- BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture (HETAC) FINAL YEAR… Griffith College Dublin
- New Degree in Energy Systems Engineering National University of Ireland, Galway
- Degree in Retail Management Dublin Business School
- Three new postgraduate programmes UCD School of Politics and International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports and Exercise Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Accountancy Independent College Dublin
- BSc in Renewable Energy and Energy Management Institute of Technology, Tralee